The combination of quiet streets and picturesque homes makes Finchley one of the best residential areas for families. Furthermore, it has four tube stations, a variety of bus routes, and roads linking it to the M1 highway and the North Circular Road go through the area. This makes it great options for both car owners and those who prefer to travel by the means of public transportation.
- The residents of Finchley had the honour to have Margaret Thatcher as their MP between 1959 and 1992.
- St Pancras and Islington Cemetery is the biggest cemetery in the UK by burial numbers. The oldest tombs in it are from the 1850s when it was established.
- Susan Pevensie, a heroine in the film “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” says that their family is from Finchley.
- Harry Beck who in 1931 created the present London Underground Tube map, lived in Finchey.
- Тhe singer George Michael was born in Finchley.
The variety of good education options make Finchley a great area for families. The schools in the region are:
- 17 primary schools in the district.
- There are six secondary schools.
- There is also a special school, Oak Lodge Special.
- Woodhouse College in North Finchley is one of two colleges in the borough.
Locked between the areas of Mill Hill, Whetstone, Friern Barnet, Muswell Hill, Highgate, and Golders Green, Finchley is one of London’s quietest and calmest areas. Its history begins somewhere around the 11th century, when it was held the Bishop of London and was mainly a woodland with small and scattered population. In the following centuries, some of the woods were cleared and the area was cultivated.
As a mainly residential area, Finchley gives many options for walks and free time. The parks and green spaces in and around the area are:
- Тhe playing fields near the Allianz Park Stadium
- The Mill Hill Park
- Highgate Wood
- Kenwood House
- Coldfall Woods
- Cherry Tree Wood
- Woodside Park
- Victoria Park
Transportation options in and around Finchley:
- Tube: The area has four tube stations. All of them are on the Northern Line (High Barnet branch). East Finchley (Zone 3), Finchley Central (Zone 4), West Finchley (Zone 4), and Woodside Park (Zone 4).
- Bus: Several buses run through the area. Their routes go to different parts of North London, the West End, and other London areas. There are two night buses in the Finchley area – N20 (to Trafalgar Square) and N13 (to Aldwych).
Entertainment in Finchley
Shopping lovers can enjoy a variety of opportunities. Most of the local stores are situated on the Ballards Lane and the High Road. The Brent Cross shopping centre is also a good option, but it is located about two kilometres southwest of Finchley.
Those who fill their free time with sports can benefit from a lot of opportunities too! Swimming pools, gyms, leisure centres, golf clubs, and other places where you can burn some calories and have fun.
Overview of the Finchley area
Overall, Finchley is one of the areas where many go to seek peaceful and quiet stay. If you consider moving there, make sure to benefit from our service for a man with a van in North London. With Best Move, a variety of problems related to relocation will be handled quickly and professionally.