To Rent or Not to Rent, That Is The Question
There has always been this particular debate among people of all ages: should you buy a home of your own or is it better to live on rent. Frankly there is no straight answer, just numerous shades of gray. So, let’s look at some ups and downs
The advantages of living on rent
- You’re free to move wherever job opportunities take you
- You can change your address if you feel like you’ve had enough of your current neighbourhood
- Repairs to the property are the landlord’s responsibility.
The disadvantages of living on rent
- You pay rent. That means you always need to have a steady job to provide your monthly fee.
- You can’t make any changes to the property because it’s not your own. That is unless your landlord lets you, but even so, you’re doing them a favour.
- You always have to share the place with tenants. Some tenants are gentle souls who would never harm a bug, while others can drive you mad with their way of life.
The advantages of owning a home
- No worries about this month’s rent.
- Decorate the place however you like.
- Investment. Even if you decide to change your residence one day you can still rent out your home and have an extra source of income. If your plans don’t work out as you hoped you’d always have a home to return to.
The disadvantages of owning a home
- You have to pay for maintenance.
- No mobility. Suppose the city you live in doesn’t provide enough job opportunities. This leaves you is living in a place you don’t like, working for an insufficient amount of money.
By these facts it appears it’s better to have a home of your own instead of moving around every two years or so. Many people blame the UK economy for the ever increasing house prices. More and more young people are giving up on ever owning home of their own. And yet there are people who have a home, but still decide to get rid of it it. Why would that be?
Keep in mind that it is now cheaper and easier than ever to sell your home. Homeowners would previously avoid the notion of selling their home as it came at a great expensive, however it’s now more reasonable than ever. Aside from the new competitive business model from high street agents, online estate agents have created a fixed price option where the seller is paying as little as £500 to get their home on the market.
These are the 10 most common reasons why people sell their homes:
Whatever the reason to change your home is, you can always count on our premier man and van service in London. Choosing us for the removals is equal to hiring professionals that will move your belongings quickly and hassle-free!
In addition, if you too are planning to sell your home, be sure to get familiar with some tips beforehand. Selling a house is not as easy as it may sound and will likely take a great deal of your time, not to mention resources.